Ce ati dori sa imi transmiteti?

vineri, 11 aprilie 2014

The Impaler Legacy Q & A - Dr. Jesse Carve

Interviewer:  Hello, Dr. Carver. Thank you for joining us today.
Dr. Jesse Carver: Please, call me Jesse.

Jesse. How were the snacks? Did Max leave any, or did he eat them all?
Oh, Hess is very fussy when it comes to food. I’m not. And I love Romanian cuisine.

Really? What do you like best?
I like traditional Christmas and Easter food. Stuffed cabbage rolls, pork sausages, boeuf salad…

Easter sponge cake?
No, I’m afraid I’m not a big fan of the sponge cake. I’ll take a chocolate cake any day.

Me too. So, do you feel at home in Romania?
Yes, I got accustomed with the life here rather fast. It’s not much different when you spend most of the time working in the hospital. The patients are the same everywhere.

Except there’s no vampire blood in our hospitals.
One can’t have it all, but it’s manageable.

Let’s stop talking about work for a moment. What do you do for fun?
It’s been so long since I’ve had a day off that I can barely remember … sleeping comes to mind.

I was thinking about something more active. Did you get to visit the country a bit since moving to Romania?
Some. I didn’t have much time, and I’ve been traveling a lot lately. Liana promised we’d go sightseeing when she takes a vacation. Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Do you think she works too much?
Do you have to ask? I try to make her slow down but … even Hess can’t so…

Well, she has a lot of responsibilities.
She doesn’t have to carry the whole world’s weight on her shoulders if you ask me. That’s what the Little Council is for.

Maybe she likes a more hands on approach.
You would too if you were left alone to defend the world from the new breeds.

Does she feel there’s no one she can rely on?
I wouldn’t go that far. And she isn’t alone anymore.

She has you now.
And Hess. And her friends, too.

Can you give us an update on her friends?
Ştefan won the elections. He’s the youngest President Romania ever had. They dug Radu up from under the rocks. He’s fine. Rodica is still recovering. She got it worse than I with the new breed venom, but the prognosis is good.

What about you? You’ve been through quite an ordeal too. How’s the health?
I’m fine. It sure helps that there are no more new breeds around to make my life difficult. I’m glad it’s over.

I’m glad to hear that. So, what’s the plan next?
I don’t know, you’ll have to ask Liana. She doesn’t share work secrets with me.

I doubt that, but okay. People are asking about Bella. What happened to her?
She’s at home. We sort of kidnapped her.

And Liana agreed to this?
She didn’t have much choice. We were discussing our travel plans upon leaving New Zealand, and out of the blue, Bella started growling. It turned out she’s bilingual. Liana blames me for spoiling her, but it was already done. You can’t say no to a dog trained to kill vampires once she sets her mind to do something. So she got it her way.

That’s a cute story, especially about Bella being bilingual. We know you’re speaking Romanian too. Before you go, tell us something in Romanian.
Oh, that’s a tough one. Did you know Bella completely destroyed my dictionary? It happened one day when we were returned home late. Anyway, what do you want me to say? Hmm … Mi-a făcut plăcere şi sper să ne mai vedem. It was nice to meet you and I hope we can do this again. I know, the accent is terrible!

No, it’s fine. No need to be so modest. Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions today. I know keeping a high profile is not on top of your list.
That’s true, I enjoy being a nobody, but this was fun. So count on me if you ever need some inside information. Maybe for a future book? No one likes to disappear into nothingness.

I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you, Jesse. Enjoy the opera!
Oh, God, I forgot about that!