Ce ati dori sa imi transmiteti?

miercuri, 22 aprilie 2015

Review "Becoming" (#3) by Samantha Summers


Synopsis (Goodreads):
You can’t run from darkness. Eventually, the sun has to set.

Turning his back on the killer he was trained to be wasn’t as easy as Kalen Smith had hoped. They’d tried to run. They’d tried to hide. People had lost their lives. The wrong people. Now, driven by a thirst for revenge, Kalen and his team are preparing to take down those responsible.

But vengeance comes at a price and Ronnie can feel the boy she fell in love with slipping away from her, as the darkness he’s been running from for so long threatens to consume him. 

With danger looming in every direction, the possibility of a happy-ever-after is looking bleak, but The Agency isn’t the only obstacle in the way of Ronnie and Kalen’s future. Ronnie’s harbouring a tragic secret that isn’t hers to keep and the truth could destroy not only their relationship, but what’s left of Kalen’s humanity.


One way or another, everything is about to change...

My review:
I've waited so long to read this book and when I did I was so happy. Thank you so much Samantha Summers for sending me this wonderful gift - it was awesome from the beginning to end. Sorry for the delay, I couldn't wrap my mind around it and describe my emotions for a long time. I was too sad to leave this universe and the characters.  

If you read my reviews about the first two books (read HERE the first one and HERE the second) you know how excited I was about this series and how much I love it still. It's one of my favorites and I have no idea why it's not yet famous. The entire journey was a mystery, not at all predictable, getting better and better and the characters... Oh my God! They were great. And this time we have even more boys to dream about. :))
The action starts where we left off. After all the tragedy that they've been through, my group of trained boys decides to fight back and destroy The Agency once and for all. And to be sure they succeed they reunite the boys for a last battle. We meet Paul, Raf, Zach, Gabriel and some others that we know or not. Ronnie and Kalen are still together but a certain secret brings rupture between them and their relationship suffers some unexpected changes.  Now Kal needs to figure out what is more important to him: revenge or love and Ronnie will do anything in her power to help him with his mission, even if she puts her life in danger.  

Between the chapters where we follow different characters I was happy to find the flashbacks that I was so fond of from the first book. We can then understand the motives and fire behind their actions. All the episodes were intense and full of surprizes and it involved kidnapping, planning, gunning, all the elements for a great book. I think I liked this one best, if it's even possible.  Just one word: perfection. 


The series had a perfect ending, even though I didn't want to leave these wonderful characters and the story. I loved it and I definitely recommend it!    


Great book! You need to read it.


About Samantha Summers:
Born in London, an only child with an overactive imagination, Sam spent much of her childhood telling ghost stories to her younger cousins and dreaming about far away places. She graduated university with a BA in marketing, but it wasn't long before her passion for storytelling and travel got the better of her. She currently lives in Sydney, Australia, where you'll probably find her hidden away in the corner of a park somewhere - writing, reading, dreaming or watching movies on her iPad. She loves everything spy and assassin and has a slightly unhealthy obsession with Star Wars, mainly Darth Vader.